Why is Supporting the Adrenal Gland a Priority?
As we age and transition through menopause, supporting the adrenal gland should become a priority.
The job of the adrenal gland is to assist in the coping of stress from all aspects of life. It provides your body with resilience, energy and endurance. As our ovaries slowly shut-down, it is up to our adrenal gland to maintain women’s hormone levels. However, due to stress, women are often unprepared for this condition and as a result, the worse symptoms of menopause start to appear (weight gain, fatigue, mood swings, night sweats, hot flashes, lower libido etc). In addition to that, no one really informs us about this important change, so we are left to guessing what is wrong or changing with our bodies.
Adrenal fatigue is a universal problem that appears in various bodily conditions - especially when a woman complains of high fatigue. It is usually caused by mild and severe forms of stress and commonly seen in women during menopause struggling with Cortisol imbalance.
Here are some lifestyle impacts we start to experience (and accelerate adrenal fatigue):
- Poor food choices
- Lack of sleep or poor quality or sleep
- Lack of enjoyable and rejuvenating activities
- Staying in no-win situations especially regarding relationships and lifestyle choices - Using food and drinks as stimulants when tired
- All work no play mentality
The signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue are commonly recognized as:
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- Cravings for sugar and/or salty foods
- Low libido
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of energy throughout the day
- Lowered ability to handle stress
- Memory loss
- Increased irritability
- Decreased productivity
Avita Health Hormone Balancing Package
It's Time to STOP Suffering and Start Feeling Amazing. Menopause can be a scary and confusing time, full of embarrassing, frustrating and exhausting symptoms. But it doesn't have to be that way for you anymore.