As we get older, our bodies go through all kinds of changes. Some of us begin to feel weaker in our later years, others feel like they can’t get good quality sleep like they used to, and some experience weight gain or loss of muscle mass. While it’s easy to attribute any of these to old age, there is sometimes a hidden cause of such changes to the body that many people fail to take into consideration; hormone imbalance. Your body’s production of hormones is important for your day to day activity, and an imbalance of those hormones can lead to all kinds of irregularities. Here are ten signs that you may be suffering from a hormone imbalance & should consider a Saliva Hormone Test.
- Fatigue- feeling tired and sluggish throughout the day is a sign of hormone imbalance. If you find yourself needing an afternoon nap, or a caffeinated drink every day in order to feel awake, you may want to talk to your Integrative Practitioner about a customizing a treatment plan to support your hormones.
- Poor sleep patterns- failing to get good sleep is the beginning of a cycle that increases cortisol levels in your body, which can cause a hormonal imbalance. Insomnia is a sure sign of this process occurring.
- Persistent weight gain- unexplained persistent weight gain could mean your hormones are off balance especially your Thyroid. This is often caused by unaddressed or emerging insulin resistance. Belly fat is the most common type of weight gained from a Cortisol imbalance.
- Loss of muscle mass- along with increased weight gain, your muscle mass can deteriorate with hormonal imbalance. This is often accompanied by weakness & loss of endurance.
- Digestive problems- these can include constipation, bloating, gas, and slow digestion. If you are consistently experiencing these problems, it may be that you have a hormonal imbalance. The best starting point is a Saliva Hormone Test.
- Cravings- overeating is often a result of our bodies experiencing cravings. Sugar Cravings can be brought on by hormonal imbalances such as insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue.
- Sweating- often occurring at night, hormonal imbalances can bring on sudden hot flashes, causing you to break out in sweat even when the room you are in is a cool temperature. If this happens to you, it’s a good idea to keep track of what you eat and also your emotions. Night sweats are common during peri-menopause & menopause.
- Anxiety and irritability- if you are constantly feeling nervous, irritable, and stressed, there’s a chance it could be because of a hormone imbalance & adrenal dysfunction. Try to make changes in your lifestyle to reduce stress & improve Cortisol levels.
- Depression- if you are not feeling your usual self, and you are not interested in the things you once were, there’s a good chance you are experiencing depression. Like anxiety and irritability, you can help reduce the effects of depression by making lifestyle changes & introducing natural supplements.
- Low libido- this problem starts with reduced sleep and is one of the first noticeable symptoms of a hormonal imbalance. Without proper sleep, our sex hormone production diminishes greatly & libido greatly declines.Are you suffering from Hormone Imbalance? Find out now
Feel free to give us a call (905) 455 0488